I’m particularly excited about sharing this recipe with you guys since Acai bowls have become my favorite breakfast item ever since I discovered them at Nekter Juice Bar.
Once I tried my very first Acai Banana Berry bowl, I was hooked. Problem was, they also came with a pretty steep price tag at $7.95 a bowl. I decided to experiment with a few different recipes, and came up with my own. This recipe is equally healthy as it is satisfying, and especially perfect for hot summer days:
What You Need:
- Any frozen triple-berry mix including strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries
- Frozen Acai pulp (available at certain Whole Foods locations)
- Organic whole milk
- Raw honey
- 1 banana
- Fresh fruit (I like to use strawberries and blueberries)
Directions (with pictures):
1. Add 1 & 1/2 cups of organic whole milk to the bottom of the blender. Then, add a 1/2 cup of Acai pulp and 2 cups of the frozen berry mix. Cut half of a banana and throw that on top.
2. Drizzle as much raw honey to your liking on top.
I use Nature Nate’s 100% Pure Raw Honey, purchased this in bulk at Costco:
3. Prepare your fresh fruit toppings by washing and slicing them as such. (I just used the remaining half of the banana I used)
4. Blend the Acai mixture until smooth and icy.
Before putting the mixture into a bowl, I poured some into a straw cup for my toddler to enjoy! (He’s hooked on Acai bowls which is great, since they’re a tasty source of nutrients, vitamins, and have tons of fiber in them to help with his constipation issues.)
5. Lastly, pour the mixture into a bowl and top with your fresh fruit toppings. You can also add granola, nuts, cacao nibs, chia seeds, bee pollen- whatever your tastebuds desire. But I decided to keep it simple today and just stick with fruit!
In all honesty, I now prefer Acai bowls more than I do ice cream, or even fro-yo. (And that’s a bold statement considering how much I love my fro-yo.)
Hope this simple recipe encourages you to try making your very own Acai bowl. They’re super tasty, and most importantly, good for your health. As I’m continuing my weight-loss journey, I’m trying to implement lifestyle changes that I can realistically maintain on a daily basis. Making my own Acai bowls has definitely been a lifesaver in terms of both my health and finances.
Let’s stay in touch throughout the week down below! I’m looking forward to the end of the week as we’re going on a little staycation at a nearby resort for my early birthday celebration combined with 4th of July festivities!